9.13.2001

The Net lends a hand

Let me preface this by saying that since I have altered my site. For now I am posting here at Jonsnews. If you are a webmaster or know a webmaster, you can visit my site and download some of the banners or buttons I have made to help show unity in this tragedy.

Now with that said, I would like to share the following:

The following quatrain has been circulating the Internet after the WTC bombings.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
two brothers torn apart by chaos,
while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb.
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

It is NOT by Nostradamus it is a HOAX ! Please share this message and this link as we don't start spreading even more unnecessary fear.
*edited by jon - Heres another good page about the hoax.. I meant to post it with the rest of my links yesterday. *
Amazon.com has set up a Red Cross Donation Site. And I am pleased to say that my money is involved and I hope if you have some extra money that you will too.
Amazon is reporting that there has been 58663 payments thus far totaling $1,852,336.55 !!!

PayPal also has a similar site setup and is reporting 6,909 members who have donated $285,667 thus far.

Even if it is only a dollar, every dollar can help. At this time the Red Cross is reporting that there has been enough blood donated thus far, but there may need more later on.

Dial 1-800-Give-Life to find the nearest area to give blood and if you want to donate money directly to the Red Cross you can dial 1-800-Help-Now or visiting their site for more info. Please be aware that they are experiencing heavy site traffic at this time.

There is a partial list of the passengers lost in this disaster. American Airlines has a similar site up that is a bit more detailed.

And at home let us not direct our hate, anger and rage where it does not belong. Also in areas (such as where I am in Ohio) who saw gas prices skyrocket some 250% in some cases, I think its time that we start boycotting these gas stations and only visiting the ones who kept their prices stable. This price gouging is disgusting. (Notice in this picture that only the Sunoco station's price was up.)

And as always if you have any information please pass it along to the FBI.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it...; always." Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: