10.19.2000

The end is nigh

This happened on a call just a few minutes ago. I SWEAR the following is ALL TRUE!
These are the notes that I wrote on the ticket.

Ok. If you are reading this sometime down the road you will not believe this, but accept this account as fact my fellow techs. This man is the stupidest man alive. We got thru the process of uninstalling and removing Internet explorer and we were on our way to install IE 3 off the cd-rom (or a suitable netscape replacement). Well I had him put in the CD and and we went to start then run and had him type in d:\setup. We got a error. We then went to file manager then clicked on the D: button and it said that he had to insert a disk. I then asked him if he had more then one CDrom drive. He said "I guess". So then I asked him if he had two of the little tray thingies on the front of his computer. He said no. So then i asked him to make sure the CD was "shiney side up" he said "well its not coming out". I then asked him to make sure he was pushing the button on the little tray one. He said that "thats not the problem, the little tray one was working fine" I then asked him where he inserted the CDrom. He asked me "does it go in the little tray one or the flat open slot on the front?". I said "the tray" he said "oh....." with a dramatic pause. I then asked him "sir, did you insert it into the flat slot?" he said "umm yeah". I said "sir, did it fit in there ok" He said "no... not really"
the moral of this story is... HE JAMMED THE FUCKING CDROM INTO A DISK DRIVE AND THEN WONDERED WHY IT WOULDN"T FUCKING COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
and then to top it off once i explained to him what he did and that he would have to take it to someone locally who could extract that and repair any damage he says (and i SWEAR TO GOD) "so your just going to leave me hanging?"
RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*EDITED BY JON*
I just pulled this voice mail off our system:

Hi this is uhh _________ again. I just left talking with jon. We left because we had the disk in the wrong slot. But i got the disk out so we can go ahead and put the disk in the right slot and help me get on the internet. Thats my BASIC PROBLEM. He advised me to take the unit in but i got my tools out and got the disk out. Course jon knows what we are doin.

BASIC PROBLEM MY FUCKING ASSHOLE RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No comments: